Reports to: CEO
This director position is responsible for managing business operations and resources of SEDA Dental practices network. Responsible for managing the four main pillars of a successful organization: people management, financials, sales along with systems and organization management. He / she Has profit and loss responsibility of financial/expense management of practice.
The director of Operations is accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results of the practices in the organization. Responsible for maintaining strategic direction, ensuring profitable growth of the practice, delivery of quality service-care and maintaining / improving patient experience standards. Develops strategy and plans to successfully implement operational policies and achieve business objectives.
Summary Of Essential Job Functions
- Accountable for managing and growing / improving revenue stream along patient base
- Manages multiple first line managers and/or senior level individual contributors
- Resolves staffing issue in complex engagements. May serve as advisor or project sponsor role for moderately complex engagements as training and or staff development
- Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress
- Provide leadership in developing & implementing organizational and financial plans authorized by the senior leadership
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
In communications, the Director of Operations will:
- Ensure senior leadership is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with staff in all practices.
In relations with staff, the Director of Operations will:
- Guide and oversee the recruitment, employment, and release of staff.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession,is in place.
- Encourage staff development and education and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
In budget and finance, the Director of Operations will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Ensure that organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Establish relationship with main vendors and alliance partners
In Systems and Organization, the Director of Operations will:
- Ensure optimal workflow is in place for a productive and effective dental practice operation.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of monitors, forms and templates in order to standardize organization processes and procedures.
- 10+ years of experience relevant to this position
- Leadership experience managing multi location teams
- Direct line Management experience including project, people, customer, financial management preferred.
- Staff Development and training experience preferred
- Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the practice focus is a plus.
To inquire or apply for this position, please send correspondence and/or resume to [email protected] SEDA Smile SEDa Difference, SEDA Dental